WARNING!!!!

Warning!! Even though I read a lot I am basically the world's worst speller. So I apologize in advance for gramtical and spelling erors!

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Dear Readers,
This book had been getting such reviews that I thought I must read it. I liked it, but it was not the best thing since sliced bread. For a young adult book it was okay. It was cute. The characters were kind of interesting and the plot was intriguing enough to keep me reading it. I did not feel a instant attraction to it though. For me it was just okay.
The main characters have cancer. So it is a cancer book although it tried not to be. It's sad. People with cancer die and when you become attached to characters their deaths are sad.
People say they really loved the characters and here is where I mostly get lost. I liked the characters. They were funny at times, but at others they were cliche teenagers. The thing that really turned me off about the main female character was when she said V for Vendetta was a guy movie. Seriously could that me anymore of a stupid teen girl thing to say. I have not read other John Green books so I can not say this for sure but it felt like he did not know teen girls at all. The main girl was just very stereotypical. The main male character was cool, but he was just a teenage boy in love, something I have read many times.
Over all okay. Just like in the book they use okay instead of love or always my reaction to the book is okay.
Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment